As part of the Sludge guidelines, it is imperative that a Supplier maintains a Sludge document at his facility that details the following:
- Local regulatory norms and permits for Sludge storage, transport and disposal
- Sludge inventory
- Mass balance of all sludge generated and disposed
- Sludge disposal pathways adopted by the facility (out of the 7 pathways listed in the ZDHC Sludge Reference document) and the major pathway, in case of more than one pathway is adopted. The sludge disposal details should also be completed in the Supplier Profile in the Gateway account.
- If facility is disposing sludge to authorised third -party contractors, details on the disposal pathway used by this authorised contractor should be obtained by the Supplier and documented. (Please refer pages 20- 25 of the Sludge reference document to understand the information details needed to be collected for each of the 7 disposal pathways)
- Test results for sludge under local laws and under ZDHC WWG
- Waste Manifest or similar local transportation document required for each shipment, including mass/volume of sludge shipped, transporter’s name, driver’s signature, Disposal or processing facility that the sludge was shipped to, and Signature of personnel at the disposal or processing facility certifying acceptance of the sludge.
- Copy of the authorised third- party Waste Contractor license or permit (in case applicable) and/or agreement to demonstrate that the contractor is properly permitted and licensed to handle and process the sludge.