What are the steps to start your journey at Roadmap to Zero
ZDHC has a holistic approach toward a sustainable Chemical Management System. The Input, the Process, and the Output focus area to ensure Chemical Management Program across Supply Chain.
We are highlighting a few points that could be incorporated into each area to begin your journey.
- Study and understand the ZDHC MRSL to understand what are the banned chemical substances in the manufacturing of textile, leather and footwear products and components.
- Register on the ZDHC Gateway under the "Supplier" category, complete your ZDHC Gateway Supplier profile and connect with your Brand partners. It is for free!
- Based on the information keyed in the supplier profile, support content, e.g. on the Supplier to Zero Programme is customised for you.
- Connect with Brand partners and let them know how well you are performing. This saves time and ensures the credibility of the data shared.
- Check the ZDHC MRSL conformance of your chemical inventory through the creation of the “Performance InCheck Report” and improve from each report by searching the ZDHC Gateway for chemicals that are meeting the ZDHC MRSL and thereby “good to use”.
- Invite your chemical formulators into the ZDHC Gateway or ask them for their ChemCheck (Summary) Reports showing the conformance of their formulations with the ZDHC MRSL Conformance Levels.
- Register on the ZDHC Supplier to Zero Platform to evaluate your chemical management system.
- Implement improvements to your Chemical Management System using the ZDHC Chemical Management System (CMS) Framework & CMS Technical Industry Guide (TIG). Supplier to Zero provides you with stepwise guidance into the ZDHC CMS guidelines.
- Ensure proper training for relevant personnel on chemical management through the ZDHC Academy.
- Study and understand the ZDHC Wastewater Guidelines to understand their applicability and how wastewater management needs to be run.
- Commission a ZDHC Approved Wastewater Laboratory to conduct wastewater/sludge testing as per the ZDHC Wastewater Guidelines. The laboratory will upload the report to the ZDHC Gateway, so you can share it with your brand partners.
- Implement corrective actions/improvements to the ClearStream Report non-conformities
- Study and understand the ZDHC Air Emissions Position Paper and assess your internal capacities respectively.