The Supplier to Zero Programme is part of the ZDHC Leaders to Zero Programmes which includes programmes for three of the ZDHC key stakeholder groups: Brands, Suppliers and Chemical Formulators. The Leaders to Zero Programmes intend to streamline the industry sustainable chemistry implementation efforts by converging individual approaches that are causing supply chain confusion and duplicative efforts along the value chain.
Supplier to Zero helps you to realise your potential. Identify areas of improvement in sustainable chemical management and reduce risks and costs associated with outdated practices. Make your company future-proof!
Supplier to Zero provides you with an entry gate to the ZDHC Chemical Management System (CMS) Framework and comes with more than 150 hands-on industry standards and best-practice guidance sheets. The Recommendations provide a structured implementation plan for improvements with indicators for the required investment or effort and the expected payback time.
Brands can mobilise their supply chain and invite their supply chain partners to complete Supplier to Zero. Suppliers that have completed the evaluation will receive a certificate that is also accessible to you.
- Learn about the streamlined approach to sustainable chemical management - from entry to expert level - on all supply chain levels.
- Use the self-guided toolbox to realise your potential, increase your production efficiency and reduce your risk
- Get access to customised content for e.g. dye-houses, tanneries, material suppliers, footwear factories and textile assembly.
- Reduce the negative impacts of hazardous chemicals on the environment, workers and communities.
- Complete the self-assessment and receive a ZDHC certificate to showcase your achievements.
- Get the unique opportunity to highlight your organisation as a future-focused industry leader.
- Gain visibility on the ZDHC DETOX.Live platform with your Supplier to Zero certificates.
Supplier to Zero provides you with an entry gate to the ZDHC Chemical Management System (CMS) Framework and Technical Industry Guide (TIG) and comes with more than 150 hands-on industry standard and best-practice guidance sheets.
There are three different programme levels in Supplier to Zero:
- Foundational Level - The Foundational Level is based on the principles of the ZDHC Chemical Management System (CMS) Framework. By reaching this Level, you demonstrate both awareness and implementation of ZDHC sustainable chemical management.
- Progressive Level - The Progressive Level allows you to demonstrate continuous improvement. It includes a performance review. Additional content is also provided, supporting your efforts by offering deeper insights on industry best practice and the optimal techniques available.
- Aspirational Level - The Aspirational Level equips your organisation to position itself as a leader in tackling the use of hazardous chemicals. Earning this status allows you to demonstrate performance in sustainable chemical management. At the Aspirational Level, you can further reduce risk and help to drive transparency across the value chain.
The set of questions in the self-evaluation are based on the type of production processes performed at your facility. For example, facilities with a wastewater or effluent treatment plant (WWTP or ETP) will get additional questions.
Your ZDHC Gateway Supplier Profile determines the type of production processes performed at your supplier facility site. If a change in production processes leads you to change this profile, a different set of Supplier to Zero self-evaluation points will apply. Therefore, your self-evaluation must be reset after the change of the Supplier Profile. Where possible, it is recommended to review your Supplier Profile before completing Supplier to Zero.
ZDHC will launch further Supplier to Zero Levels step by step. Progressive Level is already launched and the Aspiration Level will come at a later. For more updates on the launch of the subsequent Supplier to Zero Levels, we recommend signing up for the Supplier to Zero - Gateway newsletter and keeping an eye on communications around this topic.
You need to complete Supplier to Zero Foundational to get access to Supplier to Zero Progressive. You need to complete Supplier to Zero Progressive Level to get access to Supplier to Zero Aspirational Level.
However, when your certificate on Progressive Level or Aspirational Level has expired, you can renew your highest certificate directly. Please click here to learn more about the validity and expiration of your certificates.