The Supplier to Zero Evaluation is a self-evaluation questionnaire covering a wide range of questions on the nine sections of the ZDHC Chemical Management System (CMS) Framework and Technical Industry Guide (TIG) and industry best practices..
To begin an evaluation, click Evaluation under Supplier to Zero. Please read the self-evaluation questions and their explanations carefully.
You may reply with one of the following options:
- ‘(Fully) completed’ if you know the item in question is implemented in your facility.
- ‘Not completed yet’ if you have not implemented this item (yet) or if you are unsure whether you have implemented what the question requires. Selecting this option, will unlock recommendations that explain the expectations set by the ZDHC CMS Framework and ZDHC CMS Technical Industry Guide (TIG).
- ‘Not Applicable’ if the question does not apply to your facility. This option is not available for mandatory questions.
It is strongly recommended to complete the evaluation for an entire chapter before starting to work on the respective recommendations. The recommendations overview section will show all of the recommendations unlocked from the evaluation so far
Note: You can change your answers to the questions at any time before submitting your evaluation. Once your evaluation has been submitted and upon receiving the certificate, you can no longer access the evaluation and recommendations for a completed Level.
Yes, if you do not know the answer to a question, you can click on ‘Not completed yet’ and continue with the other questions. If one of the optional questions does not apply to your facility, you can click the ‘Not applicable’ button. It is strongly recommended to complete the self-evaluation for an entire chapter before starting to work on the respective recommendations.
Supplier to Zero evaluation is a questionnaire covering a wide range of questions on the nine sections of the ZDHC Chemical Management System (CMS) Framework and industry best practices. Depending on your organisation, the responsible Chemical Manager can answer most questions.
You can change your answers to the questions at any time before submitting for a Supplier to Zero certificate. Once your evaluation has been submitted and upon receiving the certificate, you can no longer access the evaluation and recommendations for a completed Level.
There is no deadline for completing the evaluation. You can complete the evaluation at any convenient time and create a timeline for implementing recommendations. You can complete the whole evaluation within eight hours. However, it is recommended that you create a timeline for completing the evaluation and implementing the recommendations as your brands might require you to reach a certain level.
Based on our experience, it takes approximately eight hours to complete the evaluation for every respective level. Please note that depending on the recommendation, more time is needed to implement. It is not necessary to complete the evaluation in one go. The answers are saved automatically.
No, it is not possible to download the evaluation and complete it offline. Your answers are saved automatically so you can come back at a convenient time and complete the evaluation.
While generally all questions can be answered without external help, for some, you may need to reach out to other members of your organisation. If you do not know the answer to a question in the evaluation, click on ‘Not completed (yet)’ to learn more about the question and access the given recommendations.
Specific questions on the Supplier to Zero Progressive Level and Aspirational Level require you to upload documents to be used as evidence. Every question specifies which documents are needed for each level. Please refer to this page for more information about uploads.
There are two reasons why the answers to the evaluation are missing:
- Upon receiving the certificate, you can no longer access the evaluation and recommendations for a completed Level.
- Your ZDHC Gateway Supplier Profile determines the type of production processes performed at your supplier facility site. If a change in production processes leads you to change this profile, a different set of Supplier to Zero self-evaluation points will automatically apply. Changing your Supplier Profile on the ZDHC Gateway will reset your Supplier Platform account and delete your current progress. You will have to restart the Supplier to Zero evaluation.
You can start the evaluation three months before your current certificate expiry date. Click here to learn more about the validity and expiration of your certificates.
While it is not possible to see an overview of all the questions, you can click on ‘Previous’ or ‘Next’ to walk through all of them.