ZDHC works with and receives support from different stakeholders in the industry. They are divided into five categories, as defined below: Brands, Suppliers, Chemical Formulators, and Associates.
All categories must meet some general requirements in order to become a ZDHC Signatory. Some specific categories must also meet additional requirements.
01/ Requirements for all categories
The requirements that all organisations will need to meet.
ZDHC requires that organisations commit and contribute to the ZDHC Programme as follows:
- By having a clear public mission, which is primarily focused on improving social and/or environmental conditions and on having a positive impact.
- Align with and share:
- Our mission: Our Mission is to lead our global value chains to achieve the highest standards for sustainable chemical management, driving resource efficiency and circularity.
- Our vision: Our Vision is to create a world where better chemistry leads to the protection of life, land, air and water.- Goals
Agree with the power of collaboration and collaborative implementation to drive industry-wide positive change.
- Can contribute financial and non financial resources to the work activities of the ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme.
- Support the development, growth and impact of the ZDHC Programme by promoting ZDHC within its own business community.
02/ Common questions
No. It’s possible for non-supplier organisations to apply to be a ZDHC Signatory.
No. If your membership is as a ZDHC Signatory Associate, that does not confer the right for all your members to become ZDHC Signatory. As a ZDHC Signatory Associate, your role in the Roadmap to Zero Programme is to:
a) inform your members about developments with ZDHC that are of relevance to your membership activities and organisational focus.
b) actively promote and collectively represent your members’ collective viewpoints in Roadmap to Zero Programme activities.