This guide will show you how to upload and publish chemical products as a formulator.
By making products public, chemical formulators can demonstrate their conformance against the current ZDHC MRSL. Please note that your customers or potential customers (Supplier and Brand users) can only view public products.
01 / Uploading a single chemical product
Follow the process below if you would like to upload one single product.
- Click Products on the left navigation pane.
- Click to add a product.
- Fill out the required fields on PRODUCT PROFILE and SAFETY DATA SHEET.
Note: Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Upload the Certificate and Safety Data Sheet in pdf format. The Safety Data Sheet and Certification sections allow you to upload these documents and give further information on them.
Note: Safety Data Sheet (SDS) is optional, if you can upload a third-party certification. However, we recommend uploading a Safety Data Sheet, making it accessible to your customers.Note: A notification pops up when there are missing fields or requirements.
- Click SAVE below the page.
A notification pops above the page.
The product’s status is on Pending until approved by the Certification Body you have certified your product with.
The Certification Body has to review the product within 7 days. At the time of upload, the Certification Body is notified via the notification system in their Gateway profile. If they do not approve or decline the report within 7 days, an email notification is sent to the Certification Body reminding them that this report is awaiting review and sign-off. You can also contact the Certification Body in case you have any concerns. Once approved, the status changes to Active.
- Refer to the article Publishing products to publish the products.
Note: Only active products can be published.
02 / Checking the declination reason of a declined product
A product can also be declined for different possible reasons. One example would be that a wrong file type has been uploaded.
To view the declination reason, follow the steps below.
- Click a declined product’s name.
Note: A declined product has an inactive status.
- Hover to the SAFETY DATA SHEET or TECHNICAL DATA SHEET.
- Hover to Data Sheet’s status.
- Click Declined.
- View declined reason.
Note: If your product has been on pending status for too long, contact the certification body to learn about the reason.